Jetlube’s Kopr-Kote is a supreme quality, oilfield compound formulated with graphite, copper flakes, anti-wear additives, and natural extreme pressure additives. Kopr-Kote is a Geothermal oilfield compound.
Kopr-Kote is formulated with aluminum thickener and petroleum fluid. It is an anti-seize, low-friction lubricant. It offers exceptional protection to the equipment and prevents seizures and corrosion.
Kopr-Kote enables full hydraulic joint efficiency that allows smooth operation of joint shoulder faces and prevents any deformation or standoff.
It comes in a solid package that is specifically developed to prevent excessive makeup in the enclosing through higher friction coefficient used within compressive forces. When the stress levels increase and rise 50% above the yield, the friction factor also increases and hinders the downhole makeup.
Jetlube’s Kopr-Kote is immensely suitable for application on pump housings, lathe centres, flanges, threaded connections, studs, autoclaves, exhaust manifold bolts, compressor heads, and more.
Benefits and Applications
- Kopr-Kote is not classified as a marine pollutant.
- It is NSF H2 registered.
- It is high-temperature complex grease.
- It contains extreme pressure additives that offer excessive protection against galling and seizing.
- It uses Aluminum-complex as a base which is effective in protecting the equipment against corrosion and rust.
- It is highly adhesive and sticks to wet joints seamlessly.
- It enables consistent make-up.
- It offers outstanding resistance against the makeup downhole.
- It is available in various grades like Thermal, Arctic and Specialty grades.
- It is approved by Nam/Shell for its exceptional under-balanced drilling applications.
- It possesses repeatable frictional characteristics.
- It does not contain zinc or lead.
- It has a service rating of -65°F (-54°C) to 1800° (982°C).
- It reduces friction and wrench torque.
- It is unaffected by vibration, contraction and expansion.
- It does not become runny, settle or dry out.
- It saves studs, allows bolt and nut replacement, and re-use of fittings.
- Kopr-Kote is available in a convenient aerosol pack.
Common Uses for Kopr-Kote® (Oilfield) in Industries
Oilfield – Drilling
Jet-Lube’s Kopr-Kote performs impressively in every drilling condition. It can be used as a drilling compound, lubricants, cleaner, and completion compound. It is formulated and developed in different grades to meet the Industry’s various needs such as salt-water, extremely hot, sour-gas, or extremely cold temperature.
Drill Collars & Tool Joints
Jet-Lube’s Kopr-Kote can be used on various drill string connections. It offers optimum protection against high temperatures. It can withstand high pressure and perform well even in a harsh environment.
Kopr-Kote can be applied to various drilling compounds based on the type of application. It can be used as a drill collar compound, tool joint compound, and thread compound.
Jet-Lube’s Kopr-Kote serves as a highly effective lubricant on drilling machinery. With an ability to withstand extreme temperature, Kopr-Kote protects the drilling machinery against rust and corrosion.